Lesedi FM General Competition Rules
• All Lesedi FM competitions are conducted in accordance with the provisions of Section 54 (1) of the Lotteries Amendment Act (46 of 2001).
• Lesedi FM competitions are open to all South Africans, unless otherwise stated. Competitions are not open to employees, agencies, prize sponsors or contractors of Lesedi FM, the SABC or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organization or running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
• No person may enter the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by Lesedi FM within three (3) months of winning the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by Lesedi FM.
• The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Prizes other than cash are not transferable, cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash and are not negotiable.
• Winners use and accept prizes at their own risk. Lesedi FM, the SABC and the prize sponsors (and/or their respective agencies) cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, or loss of property experienced as a result of winning, accepting and/or utilizing prizes won.
• Prizes not collected/claimed within 6 months of being won will be disposed of at Lesedi FM's discretion.
• By entering Lesedi FM competitions, entrants agree to adhere to competition rules and regulations, details of which entrants declare themselves conversant with.
• Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
• Lesedi FM may disqualify a transgressor for entry into any other Lesedi FM competitions, for a period deemed appropriate by Lesedi FM Management.
• Lesedi FM and the prize sponsors reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control and shall not be liable in anyway whatsoever to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
• Winners may be required to have their details disclosed and appear on radio, television, the Internet or in printed publications.
• Lesedi FM reserves the right to alter rules or prizes at their own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Lesedi FM. No entrant shall have any recourse against Lesedi FM as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
• Lesedi FM will make every reasonable effort to deliver the prize described in the promotion's publicity, but cannot accept responsibility if the prize differs in whole or part from that advertised. Similarly, prize values quoted may differ from the actual value of the prize.
• The announcement of a winner on air or on www.lesedifm.co.za does not constitute a ruling by station management that the winner has complied with the rules above. Lesedi FM may disqualify the entrant after the announcement should any rule transgressions be discovered.
* Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prizes.
1. The competition runs from 25 May – 30 June 2020.
2. The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of the SABC, as well as any SABC employee including agencies, UIP and/or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates.
3. All entrants must have a South African Identity Document.
4. All participants must have a valid South African Bank Account.
5. All participants must have a valid SABC TV Licence(paid-up).
6. SMS the word RE TSWA HOLE and the ANSWER(How many years is Lesedi FM Celebrating)
7. The number to enter the competition is 38596.
8. A premium rate of R1.50 is charged for each SMS entry. Free SMSes do not apply
9. Correct entries received by the advertised deadlines will be considered for the draw. Any late entries received will not be taken into consideration.
10. There is no restriction on the number of entries. You may enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning.
11. Participants that enter the competition stand a chance of winning R6000.00 cash and R600 worth of DATA/AIRTIME.
12. 10 winners will be selected for the cash prize which makes the total amount of the winning to be R60 000.00 and 10 winners will be selected for the data/airtime prize which makes the total amount of winning to be R6 000.00 worth of data/airtime.
13. Entrants only will be contacted for the Prizes on the day after the day they won to verify the following: Names, Numbers, Citizenship, ID Number, Bank Accounts and TV Licence.
14. The announcements of the winners will start from the 1st of June till the 30th of June 2020. The announcements will be done n different shows on different programmes.
15. Random numbers with correct answers will be selected for the announcement of the winners, the presenter will call the first number to ring for 60 seconds. If no answer, they will go to the next number
16. If there are no winners on the show, the prize will be allocated to another show.
17. The SABC and its agents accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupted entries. The SABC and its agents are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
18. The SABC or its agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prize awards.
19. Prizes are not transferable, and cannot be deferred or exchanged.
20. Winners use prizes at own risk. The SABC and its agents shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize/s.
21. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering.
22. The SABC and its agents reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
23. No persons under the age of 16 years are eligible to enter
- The competition runs from 11 – 13 April 2020.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of the SABC, as well as any SABC employee including agencies, UIP and/or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates.
- SMS the word PASEKA and your mobile NETWORK (Telkom/Cell C/MTN/Vodacom).
- The number to enter the competition is 38596.
- A premium rate of R1.50 is charged for each SMS entry. Free SMSes do not apply
- Correct entries received by the advertised deadlines will be considered for the draw. Any late entries received will not be taken into consideration.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries. You may enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning.
- Participants that enter the competition stand a chance of winning R250 worth of DATA.
- 20 winners will be selected which makes the total amount of the winning prizes amount to be R5000.00
- Entrants only will be contacted for the Prizes the day after the Matches to verify the following: Names, Numbers, Network, Citizenship.
- The SABC and its agents accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupted entries. The SABC and its agents are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
- The SABC or its agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prize awards.
- Prizes are not transferable, and cannot be deferred or exchanged.
- Winners use prizes at own risk. The SABC and its agents shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize/s.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering.
- The SABC and its agents reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- If random winner is drawn from a list of cellular phone numbers, the owner of the SIM card will be deemed the winner of the airtime, even though the handset may have been used by another individual to enter the competition.
- No persons under the age of 16 years are eligible to enter
1. Winners must have a valid South African ID or Identity Document
2. Winners must be able to collect Prizes from SABC Offices in South Africa.
3. The competition will run on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
4. The competition will run for 2 months (August & September 2018)
5. There will be one winner per week and Winners will be chosen Randomly.
6. Winners will only be selected from the Digital Platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
7. The hamper will include Lesedi FM Cap, Lesedi FM Beanie, Lesedi FM Squeeze Bottle, Lesedi FM T-shirt, Lesedi FM Lunch Bag, Lesedi FM Apron all in Lesedi FM Tote Bag.
8. Winners will be announce on-air on weekly basis by Lesedi FM Presenters
9. Prizes are not transferrable
10. Winners must provide South African Identity Document to claim Prizes or for Collection of Prizes.
You must be a South African resident with a valid ID number to participate in the McDonald’s Family Breakfast competition (the “Promotion”). The following are not eligible to participate: (i) a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to MSA Devco (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”), or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, or (ii) a supplier of good or services in connection with the Promotion.
Participation in the Promotion is scheduled to take place from 18 October to 24 October 2018.These dates are subject to change and may be reduced or extended by the Promoter and the deadline for prize claims may consequentially be changed. Check for details of any changes on the website at https://www.mcdonalds.co.za (“the Website”).
- HOW TO ENTER
To participate and stand a chance to be invited to the McDonald’s Family Breakfast during the Promotion, participants are required to call in to Ukhozi FM when prompted by the DJ during the Vuka Mzansi breakfast show, from 6-9 AM and say the following phrase: “lovin your mornings”. Calls will be randomly selected by the radio show host.
Participants will then be required to answer a “true or false” question posed by the radio show DJ. Winners will be notified live on air.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS AND CONDITIONS
A total of 10 participants will be selected as winners and each winner will be invited to bring an addition 3 (three) people to attend the McDonald’s Family Breakfast. The McDonald’s Family Breakfast will take place at 10 November from 09:00 - 11.30am at Loch Logan Kings Park Rose Garden.
The stated prize is non-negotiable and non-transferable. In the event of a dispute the decision of the Promoter is final and binding.
Prizes must be claimed by the winner in person. The Promoter cannot accept prize collection by a third party.
In the event that any prizes are not claimed by the due date or selected winners cannot be contacted after reasonable efforts, the prize will be forfeited.
All advertisements depicting the prizes and prize descriptions are illustrative rather than definitive.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) the Promoter, its agents for administering the game and the prize sponsors assume no responsibility and are not liable for:- (i) the accuracy or otherwise of the prize description or illustration, (ii) the non-availability, loss, interception or interference with, late receipt or damage of or to any prize claim, discount voucher prize(s), voucher(s), prize or notification or other communication, (iii) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize, or (iv) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a prize, (save to the extent that the Promoter has expressly and specifically accepted responsibility in these Rules for the same) (v) all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to a persons participation in the Promotion, or arising out of a persons participation in any Promotion related activity, or their receipt, use or misuse of any prize that may be awarded to them.
All prizes remain the property of the suppliers, pending redemption by winners and the Promoter is not responsible for the supply of, and does not own, any prizes provided by other suppliers nor acts as their agent in relation to the delivery to winners of prizes other than those supplied directly by the Promoter.
For any prize which must be claimed by the winners’ parent/legal guardian, the Promoter will not be obliged to award it to anyone other than that parent/legal guardian, if the winner is under 18 years of age. The Promoter may also withhold that award should the Promoter determine in its sole discretion that a dispute may have arisen as between the winner and the parent/legal guardian in relation to the prize.
The Promoter is not liable or responsible to verify the identity of the parent or legal guardian.
The submission of prize claims is the sole responsibility of the prize claimant. Any tax liability or life, health, travel, accident or other insurance associated with any prize is payable by the prize winner and is their sole responsibility.
The Promoter reserves the right and at any time at its absolute discretion and without giving any reason or notice, to vary, modify or amend the terms of these Rules in such manner as the Promoter thinks fit. The Promoter may (i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging the Promoter to relax the Rules on any further occasion for that entrant or at all for any other person) (ii) terminate or suspend the Promotion at any time due to supervening circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control (iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes (or any part of a prize). The Promoter’s decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding.
The Promoter also reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend, or extend the Promotion in any way, or deem an entry void and invalid if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the entry reflects printing or other errors or falsification or other action which has undermined the integrity and / or feasibility of the Promotion.
In administering this Promotion, the Promoter may collect personal information from you and, unless it has first obtained your consent, the Promoter (i) will not collect more of your personal information than it needs for the purpose of administering and analysing this Promotion and carrying out publicity as stated in these Rules, (ii) will only use your personal information for that purpose which may include transferring your personal information to its associates, and (iii) will not transfer your personal information outside South Africa unless it is permitted to do so under South Africa law. Selected partners of the Promoter (depending upon the nature of the prize and whether in addition to or in place of your providing personal data to the Promoter) may require you to provide to those partners personal data in connection with claiming/redeeming prizes and you should satisfy yourself with the privacy policies of such partners, as the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for them.
Subject to obtaining your prior approval, you agree that the Promoter and its successors, assigns may use your name, voice, and likeness and any statements made by or attributed to you relating to the Promotion in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity and through-out the universe for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional purposes in connection with the Promotion without compensation, which potentially may include participation in a photo shoot determined at the sponsors discretion, and you release the Promoter and the Prize Sponsors from any liability arising from such use, including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of your right of publicity and defamation.
All instructions, rules and conditions on any advertising or promotional materials (including notifications, acceptance forms, redemption forms and declaration envelopes / forms) relating to this Promotion form part of the Rules although, in the event of conflict, these provisions shall prevail over all such other instructions, rules and conditions.
No claim under or participation in this Promotion is valid in combination with any other offer or promotion, save to the extent expressly stated herein.
A copy of these Rules may be obtained by printing them from https://www.mcdonalds.co.za or 85 Grayston Drive, Sandton.
By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to abide by and be bound by these Rules and the decisions made by the Promoter and its prize sponsors for the Promotion.
The decision of the Promoter and the Prize sponsors in the interpretation of these Rules, or the exercise of any rights or discretions in connection with these Rules, shall be final and binding and the participants and/or their parents/legal guardians undertake jointly and severally not to call any of these Rules into question in any court.
By participating in the Promotion and/or redeeming any prizes, participants and/or their parents/legal guardians release and agree to hold, subject to the maximum extent permitted under law, the Promoter, its agents for administering the Promotion and the Prize sponsors harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to their participation in the Promotion, or arising out of their participation in any Promotion-related activity, or their receipt, use or misuse of any prize that may be awarded to them.
These Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of South Africa. The rights conferred by these Rules (insofar as they are relevant) are for the benefit of the Prize sponsors and the Promoter, and its agents for administering the Promotion. Each of the aforesaid entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions relevant to itself directly against the participants of the Promotion and/or their parents/legal guardians on its own behalf.
Any prize claim will be void if it is deemed by the Promoter, or by any other prize-supplier involved with prize-redemption, to have expired or to be torn, defaced, damaged, counterfeit, a photocopy, incomplete or illegible or if it has been offered for sale or a claim made in respect of it by an ineligible person.
Nothing in these Rules shall affect your statutory rights. The Promoter may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter into any correspondence save as otherwise stated in these Rules.
© 2018. MSA Devco (Pty) Ltd
85 Grayston Drive, Sandton.